Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Cabbage Stir-fry

I have been travelling extensively the last couple of days, surviving solely on artery-blocking, cholestrol increasing food. My entire system was crying out for something simple, yet healthy. Afterall the body can survive only so many meals from Denny's, Mickey D and the like.
This recipe is courtesy my brother in law D

1 medium sized cabbage, finely chopped
2 green chillies
1 tbsp mustard seeds
5-6 curry leaves
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste

Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and when the seeds begin to pop, add the curry leaves + cabbage + turmeric powder. Mix once, cover and cook till the cabbage is almost done, stirring occasionally. Now add salt to taste and lemon juice. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes or so. Serve hot with Roti / Paratha and Raita. Enjoy !

3 comments:

FH said...

I understand what you mean.When we are vacation,all I want is some rice and sambhar when I come back!!:D

Looks great,a comfort food,light and easy.Enjoy:)

Bong Mom said...

I have had this combo when at B'lore. I like the smell of mustard seeds and curry leaves for the tempering
Thanks

TNL said...

Hi Sangeeta, welcome back...! I was wondering where you had been....

Cabbage stirfry is so simple and homely...I love this with rotis and yogurt...If I have lefftover, I just grind it and turn it into Parathas.

Take care,
trupti